The Illinois market is brand new and a big deal, so it’s perfectly understandable if you’re ready to hit the ground running. Success is more than just spirit though; have you put in the preparation? If not, no need to stress, we’ve compiled all you may want to know right here. All that’s left for you to do is get studying!
Get a Lay of the Land
Familiarize yourself with the territory to better develop your plan of action! In addition to the resources below, check your Power Center for exclusive resources, like our Illinois Energy Training Webinar.
Wish you had a reminder of some key points to keep in mind when pitching Stream to potential customers and team members? You’re in luck: we’ve gone ahead and included BIG Tips for New Market Associates!
When Recruiting Customers:
1. First and foremost, watch the Energy 101 video in your Power Center so you can better understand the energy marketplace.
2. Make a point to understand the details of Stream’s services and offerings so you can share the information with your customers.
3. Assist your customers with their enrollment, but you shouldn't do all the work. Make sure the authorized customer reads and understands their contract; then, completes their own enrollment via your website or the telephonic enrollment line.
4. Instead of going through the hassle of creating ads, use the pre-approved ads provided in your Power Center.
When Recruiting Associates:
1. Make sure you understand Stream’s Style & Messaging Guide before beginning to market for prospects. You will find loads of useful information, like, associates shouldn’t solicit via door to door marketing and all advertisements should be submitted for review by the Business Integrity Group (Email: BIG@mystream.com) prior to use.
2. Remember that victory is all in the approach: introduce the Opportunity with honesty and not as a get rich quick scheme.
3. When your prospect is ready to join the opportunity, make sure they read and understand the Income Disclosure Statement and the IA Agreement.
4. Walk prospects through the enrollment, but don't complete it for them or pay their enrollment fee. Let them take ownership of their business.
Now would be prime time to go back and review all the past-published content for honing your skillset. Your Power Center is filled with training and tools like the Customer Enrollment Tips, the Associate Recruitment Tips, and BIG Training Videos can prove useful. Also, revisiting helpful acronyms like your FORM and FRANK list can help provide you an edge moving forward.